Thursday, July 10, 2014

Moving Forward

It's been almost a year since I've posted on here. I didn't realize, or I would have posted a long time ago. So here is a quick overview of the past year. The last time I posted was about a week before I left for Washington State University. I won't go into specifics, but WSU ended up being a really bad experience for me that resulted in me dropping out after the first semester, and backtracking significantly in my depression and anxiety. I then spent the next few months working, and getting back to a safe emotional place.

I realized that moving back in with my parents wasn't conducive towards the personal growth that I was hoping to achieve, so I moved in with some friends about a forty five minute drive away. Once I had gotten myself to a healthier place, I enrolled in the spring quarter at the community college near where I live. I few weeks ago, I finished up my Associates Degree.

After that my parents had a far different reaction than I was anticipating. I expected them to want me to continue to move forward. Pick the next step, and take it. The reaction I got was almost the complete opposite. My mom talked about how since I got my Associates at 18, I was now two years ahead of everyone else, and that meant I had some time to explore my interests and just enjoy life.

So I guess we'll see where life takes me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment