Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Monumental Achievement

Hello my beautiful and currently nonexistent readers. Today is a historic* occasion, or at least it will be if I manage to finish this post and click "Publish" since I have never managed to post a second post on a blog. I am now realizing that every post from now on if they exist will be a monumental achievement for me, but I promise, I won't mention that on every post.

Now is where I am supposed to say something entertaining. Something that gives you a reason to read this blog. This is why I never end up with a second post. I can't imagine being able to come up with something daily or even weekly to entertain you. That is why, for now at least, I have to pretend you don't exist. I suppose this should be relatively easy since for now at least, you don't. However, my anxiety flairs up at the thought of posting anything that doesn't have a point to it. This is where I have to remind myself that the point isn't to entertain anyone. That is not to say that I wouldn't love for someone to enjoy reading this, but that is not why I created this blog. I created this blog for myself. Because life threw me lemons, and now I'm choosing to throw them right back, and harder. Hehe yup, there had to be an explanation for the title somewhere.

Anyways, I may have to write a hundred posts just to remind myself why I make myself write this. And while  I feel sorry for the person who accidentally stumbles across this blog, and reads a bunch of posts that essentially say the same thing, while I would love to have a blog that some people might enjoy reading, I have to remember that first and foremost this blog is a challenge to myself. To prove to myself that I can do it.

*Okay, so I know you are supposed to say "an historic," but seriously, it makes me cringe to hear it. Or type it. Or think it. It just sounds wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment