Friday, January 16, 2015

Productivity

I gotta say, I love going to a coffee shop to work. At home I am surrounded by all my hobbies. There is a fridge full of food waiting to be cooked. Yes that is a hobby, but since eating is a neccessity, I put it in a different category than say Magic: The Gathering. Although some may argue that Magic is also a necessity, and I would not disagree with them. There are boxes waiting to be unpacked. Did I mention that I've had to move twice this month? There are ever growing piles of laundry and dishes.

The point being, I can have a very productive day at home, working hard, and yet get nothing that was on my list for that day done. That's what happened to me yesterday. I ended up spending the entire day getting moved in because I decided that I couldn't get any work done while surrounded by boxes. I got a lot done. I think it will only take one more day dedicated towards the moving process to get myself settled in. But that list of things I set for myself to spend the day getting done yesterday? Nada.

So today I dragged myself to bed at 8:30. (I am not a morning person. As in, I don't believe in being awake until morning is over.) And went to Starbucks where the only thing to distract me from my work is taking a drink of my coffee. And in the past three and a half hours I managed to finish everything that I was supposed to get done. All of it.

So obviously there are some changes I need to make to my home environment before I start Coding Dojo. Good to know. Until then, I've scheduled till around 5pm to be here so I can accomplish more.

No comments:

Post a Comment